Sunday, October 6, 2013

Blog Post #5


After reviewing the tape and watching a few other students as long as my own speech a saw many different things. As you could tell with just about everyone the nerves were very high as you stood in the front of the room presenting your speech your body does many things unknowingly to help you cope with the nerves. Me personally I was only a little nervous but I did notice that I did get a little hot whenever all the attention was on me. I did notice that I played with my notecards in my hand a little bit and I had a wide stance and kind of leaned back like I was in a casual conversation with my friends. I feel like that is a bad thing because I don’t project myself as being serious and informative. I did think that other than those two things I did a good job; I made good eye contact with my audience, and I didn’t pace around like I always do whenever I do anything. I listened to my speech and other than my stuttering problem and my problem with pronunciating certain letters I thought that I overall did a good job; I only fumbled over my words about 3 times. The one good thing that I did with my speech is that I projected my voice well and didn’t mumble like I usually do. In the future I would like to have a better posture and not flick or restack my notecards like I was doing; I would also like to not fumble over my words at all and work on my PowerPoint a little more to make it more interactive and not so plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment