Mathieu- "Berlins work indicates that the rules of citizenship are changing, as rapidly as the economy is"
This to me is a very striking post due to fact that as a child growing up in this very world I never thought of how the people in the world are changing and how our society is changing drastically just due to the things we choose to buy, don't choose to buy, and by the things we do. Fifteen years ago cell phones were nothing compared to what they are today; today if I lost my phone I wouldn't know what to do! Everything from my school email to my school schedule, and all of my friends and families phone numbers are in there. Now materialistic objects such as a phone have become an aspect of life that many individuals cant live without.
Marche- “was the tendency for neurotic and lonely individuals to spend greater amounts of time on Facebook per day than non-lonely individuals.”
Honestly this quote has the same basic ideas that I have spoken about with my friends or just random people I somehow find my way talking about anything in the world with. I fully support this article in its entirety; I believe that social networking and cell phones are making this world a completely different place. I remember back when I was younger my parents friends would just stop by out of no where just to sit for a few and chat. That was completely normal then. But now whenever someone randomly stops by your first thought is "Hmm wonder what he wants" like that person has to have a reason to come over uninvited. I fully believe that the world is becoming much lonelier than before; on Facebook I have some 400 friends, how many of them do I actually consider friends? maybe 100.
How many do I consider my close friends that I see and hang out with every week or month? maybe 30. The generation I live in is being grasped by social networking and I wouldn't be surprised if many of the "popular" people on Facebook end up being lonely later on in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment